Monday, August 25, 2008

Blue Fire, Chapter 4

My parents walked out for some reason, maybe when it suddenly got, like, super windy cuz' of the dragon flapping it's huge wings all over the place and stuff. And it, it being the dragon, was pretty darn loud, roaring occasionally. When we landed, my dad ran for the dragon, broom held high above his head. "Aaaargh!!" He yelled, whacking the dragon on the side a few times. Which, of course, the dragon didn't even notice. I sighed heavily, causing my old man to turn and look at me, mid-swing. My mother stopped cheering dad on and also looked at me. "M-... Makoto...?" My dad said, quietly, hesitantly. I rolled my eyes and nodded slowly. 'Who else, idiot?!' I thought angrily. I crossed my arms and continued looking away. 'Stupid dragon! Why'd you bring us here, of all places?!?!' I thought, kicking the beast. It grunted, and suddenly it, um, well, started glowing. I know, it sounds dumb, you know, a big, fat dragon savin' some kids from people who eat other people's souls suddenly, like glowing in the middle of some phsyco parents' absolutely perfect yard, right? Well, it happened, right then and there. Toyu and Hina started at the dragon, eyes wide as plates. Kai and Reiji weren't quite as distracted by it, they were more busy torturing my parents with question after question. The dragon, still glowing, started to shrink until-- Le gasp! It was the dude from the trading site-- The soulburner with the star tattoo. What a shocking discovery, eh? So anyway, there he was, no longer glowing. So anyway, he blinked a little bit at first, then suddenly gave me this stupid grin. The others, including my parents, were in a small crowd behind me. "... Whaaaat?" Toyu said, confused. "Oh, em, gee!" Hina said in that little girly-girl way of hers. Chi blinked a bit. Kai stayed calm, though I could totally tell even he was secretly amazed. Reiji was all wide-eyed and stuff, and I could tell he would just explode if I didn't let him run up to the dragon-kid and ask him a million annoying question, demanding knowledge of every little detail. Which is why I wouldn't. So evil, aren't I? Bwahahah! So, anyway, I took a few steps over to dragon-kid. "My name's Atroni!!!" He exclaimed, shocking me into jumping back. "Um, Mr. Atroni...? Why aren't you trying to, like, eat us or something?" Toyu asked, in a sweet, innocent voice that made me want to hug him so hard I cracked his ribs. But, of course I didn't. The soulburner spoke again, making us all shuffle back a few steps. "'Cause I'm not a bad guy!"

No comments: