Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blue Fire, Chapter 5

"... You what?" Kai looked at the Soulburner, "Atroni," with this look on his face that just screamed, 'Are you crazy, man? You expect us to believe this crap?' Atroni looked back, still grinning ear to ear. Atroni looked at each of us in turn, his mouth slowly closing until he was smiling, like, I dunno, a normal person, maybe? So anyway, I stepped forward, making him step back. I kept stomping towards him until he was backed up against my parents' fence. "Just get out of here," I spat. Like, seriously spat. He got this disgusting look on his face and wiped his face with his hand. Then he frowned at me, and his puppy-dog eyes and little-kid frown reminded me of Toyu for a second. "But... I have no where else to go..." He said sadly. He turned and started to walk away all slow and stuff, but he'd got me with that face. "Wait...!" Kai looked at me, but I made sure not to make eye contact. Kai was scary when he was mad, which I new he was. Instead I looked at Hina, who was pale. Toyu was standing next to her, holding her sleeve. Chi was all tense and stuff, I could see. Her right hand was twitching, a definite sign that she was itching to grab her sword and kill this guy. Atroni thought for a moment. "Nope, I'm not a bad guy." he repeated. I yelped as Kai pulled me away from dragon-boy by my hair. "Makoto, can we talk?!" He asked. "Yes, yes, just let go of my hair!" I snapped. He let go, thankfully. Then he pulled me by my wrist towards the house, kinda far from the others. "Can Toyu watch the convorsation? I'd like witnesses I sneered. He raised his hand to hit me but stopped himself and slowly and hesitantly lowered it. "What the heck are you thinking, letting a man that eats souls into our group?!" He demanded. "Hey, hey. Think about it, Kai. We've never seen this guy, never got reports. What if... What if he really isn't a bad guy?" I asked quietly. "Makoto, the point is, he has the power to eat our souls!!" He snapped in a hushed, angry voice. "But Kai, we have to trust that he won't!!"

No comments: