Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blue Fire, Chapter 6

"Kai, we'll never know if we never try!!" I said, raising my voice a bit. " Yeah, and what happens when we find out, Makoto?!?! What happens when we don't wake up?!?!" He yelled. "... Mako-chan...? Kai-kun...?" Both of us immediately snapped back to our nice, "kid-in-the-house" mood. "What is it, Toyu?" I asked sweetly. "How come you guys're yellin' and all?" He asked. We looked at the others and saw the others staring at us. Including my parents, who seemed angry. "Um, we're not, Toyu... Just talking. We're coming inside now." I said, elbowing Kai. He ignored it and walked back to the others. We all went into the house, Atroni following not too far behind. "Please," my mother said, hesitantly, "stay for d-dinner..." I glared at her, knowing she wanted the exact opposite. "Oh, actually, I think we'll all stay the night," I spat. My dad crossed his arms angrily and stomped off down a hallway. I rolled my eyes and turned to the others. "Okay, guys, just hang out and stuff and we'll wait for dinner to be done." I sad, waving my arms slightly for them to leave, which they did. Kai found a large boombox attached to some huge speakers and opened the CD slot. He took a glance at the title and smiled. He closed the CD slot again, pressed play, and turned the volume to 100, in my words, blasting. And when I say blasting, I mean blasting. The ground was literally vibrating. Hard, hard rock was blasing through the house and I couldn't hear my dad yelling, "Shut it ooffffffff!!!" Which was, well, totally awesome. My mother was covering her ears, and all of us were dancing and throwing stuff to the ground, crashing anything that we could get our hands on. Except Atroni. He sat in my dad's huge chair just watching and smiling.

No comments: