Friday, August 22, 2008

Blue Fire, Chapter 3

I woke up, maybe a couple hours later, even though I didn't remember falling asleep. I could tell because, number 1, I have a watch, silly, and number 2, it was the middle of the night when we'd left and the sun was just starting to rise now. I stood up, wobbly, and looked behind me. I saw Hina and Toyu still sleeping, and then I almost jumped for joy. Chi was trying to pull herself up with one of the dragon's side-horns, Kai holding her ankle and Reiji holding his. I rushed over ad helped them up as fast as I could.
"I'm so glad you guys are okay!" I said, hugging Chi. She went all stiff, but she still hugged me back. Barely. I hugged Kai and Reiji at the same time, and Kai did nothing, but Reiji hugged back. I shuffled over to Hina and Toyu and shook them, trying to wake them up.
"Wha happind...?" Toyu asked sleepily. Hina pushed herself up with her arms, still laying halfway on her stomach, and looked around. She squealed when she saw that everyone was back and Toyu was fully awake by her squeal. They both smiled and launched themselves at the person closest; Toyu was attached to Kai, his role model, and Hina was squealing while she hugged Chi. I smiledd and stood with my arm crossed. It was kind of cold that night. I looked around and realized where we were going. We were heading for my parents' house. My old home. Mucho emphasis on the old. I hate that place- Nothing ever happens there, and my parents are cruel people. My siblings are the most annoying kids in the frickin' world. Oh, and, I kinda just ran away when Kai and Reiji came to me. Without telling them. I wondered how mad they'd be, then shuddered at the thought. Then a certain thought hit me- How the heck did the dragon know about that place?

No comments: