Saturday, December 20, 2008

Blue Fire, Chapter 8

As we all spilled out the door, I heard my parents' voices, confused.
"Go, go, go!" I whispered. They continued until they were standing on the porch, waiting for further instruction. I nodded to Kai and he got the message. He silently led them down the street. Meanwhile, I headed back into the house for some let-out-your-anger-on-your-parents time. I stormed down the hall to my parents' room and slammed the door open.
"Makoto!" Gasped my mother.
"What's gotten into you?!"
"Murderers!!" I screamed, smashing the side of my fist into a wall. I made a big hole.
My parents both backed up against a wall. I cornered them, screaming, "How could you?"
"We didn't do anythi--" I interrupted my dad with, "No, but you were planning to!!" I stamped my foot. I made another big hole leading to the basement and stormed out. I chuckled as my mother tried to follow me but stepped right into the hole, one foot up, one foot down. I jogged out the door and followed my friends, already facing the road out of that stupid little town. We all started running down the street. I felt an arm grab mine and looked behind me.
"Wouldn't it be faster if I...?" He trailed off, but I knew what he meant and nodded. In a blinding light, he 'transformed.'
"Jump on," I commanded the others, which they did. Then we were soaring again.

No comments: